Wedding flowers are a very important item in any wedding. Within the last few years more and more brides have opted to buy their wedding bouquets online, but many still wonder if it is the best option in terms of quality, price and reliability. Here are five reasons why it is a good idea to buy your wedding flowers online:
1. Time. Just like buying anything else online, it is easier to find what you want and you don’t have to drive to different stores to get it. Same holds true for flowers. With an online wedding florist, you can see all their collections from home or at the office, any time of the day. Likewise, you can chat, email or call them anytime if you need information about availability or delivery options, which makes it easier than visiting different local florists.
2. Customization Options. Even though online wedding florists have set flower arrangements and package sizes, they do still offer customization options so that your wedding flowers feel very personal, even if you buy them online. You can even send them images of the bouquets you would like so that your wedding flowers truly match your wedding theme.
3. Less Expensive Flowers. Most of the flowers sold in the United States come from South America. Therefore, that beautiful bridal bouquet with red roses you want has to travel many miles before it gets to your hands. First, the flowers have to travel from the flower fields to the shipping facilities. From there, they are shipped to a broker who then sends the flowers to a wholesaler. A local florist buys those flowers, arranges them and finally delivers them to you. From the moment those flowers are cut, everybody involved in this process needs to make a profit. However, when you buy your wedding flowers directly online, many of these intermediaries are not needed, and those savings are passed on to you.
4. Fresher Flowers. Fewer steps involved in the process of receiving your wedding flowers means more savings, but it also means fresher flowers! If there are many steps involved before you can receive your flowers, the likelihood of flower damage, dehydration and logistics issues is higher. Moreover, when you buy your flowers online, they are cut and arranged to be delivered directly to you. This means that your wedding flowers don’t need to be cut so far in advance before your wedding day in order to meet all the intermediaries’ logistic schedules. In turn, you receive fresh wedding flowers and in optimal condition.
5. Reliability. If you purchase a product online and you don’t like it, it is very easy to exchange it or get a refund. Online wedding florists know this is not an option for brides, since they NEED to have wedding flowers they truly LOVE for their wedding day. That’s why wedding florists need to go the extra mile to make sure that brides receive the flowers they had envisioned for their wedding. In our case, when this does not happen, we have a double backup system, by which we replace the wedding flowers through a local florist in a timely manner, so that brides receive exactly what they want at no additional cost. This is very appealing, since it assures brides that they will receive the flowers they love on time for their wedding day.
What are your main concerns while considering buying your wedding flowers online? Discuss!